- The use of options – do employees care anymore?
- Differences between ISO’s and NQSO’s
- What are some of the issues when an individual pays AMT, but then has the options go underwater?
- What can employers do to help employees who are holding underwater options? (repricing, additional grants, restricted stock, deferred compensation)
- What are some of the factors companies need to consider in making decisions on ways to deal with underwater options? (i.e., investor concerns, dilution, earnings impact)
- What is deferred compensation? What are examples of types of deferred compensation? When is it preferable to use this versus equity-based awards?
- ISOs and employee stock purchase plans. What’s a disqualifying disposition? What should employers do about them? What is an employee stock purchase plan?
- What type of advice should HR be giving employees re 401(k)s? Should employees be worried about recent stock declines?
- Is there anything employers should consider when they have employees on foreign assignment – with options, deferred compensation, 401(k) plans?
EEO News provides employment law case headlines on EEO cases it believes are significant. EEO News is not a substitute for legal research or an employment lawyer. EEOnews.com does not provide legal advice. To learn more about employment and labor laws, please contact an employment lawyer to answer your EEO legal questions.